This is Florence, our weekday cook, with a large fish that we haven't eaten yet. Note reddened teeth from betel nut chewing.

A one-eyed cassowary (some kids shot the other one out) reared from chick by a local. A freshly caught squid or cuttlefish [actually, judging by the lack of 2 longer tentacles, I'm pretty sure its a cuttlefish].

View across the harbour (again!!). Our canoe with one of our guys, Sentiko, at the front

The cuttlefisherman. Ze Kidz!






9 comments:
Great photos, hope you enjoyed the fish.
xx
Its true, we miss you,your merry quips and your photos, so no more slacking!!
Why aren't those kidz at home watching telly and playing with thier Wiis, DSs and PS3s like normal kidz do? - Weird.
yeh! Its like I said to them 'get a bloody life - have you not heard of the ZX Spectrum?' but do they listen? Do they heck.
hahaha that's what I call proper life!
By the way...love the title of your post :D
One learns something every day, I never knew that Barracuda ate betel nuts....
Leslieeee
Hahaaa! Is it definitely barracuda? I asked someone but they thought otherwise... anyway, back to my betel
I would say 100% with no doubt whatso ever that is a barracuda, mind you I know nothing about it.
For sure that's a Barracuda, caught plenty of them in my time here in Bahrain. Good eating too, a little white wine, cream, garlic, tarragon, wrap it in foil and bake in an oven for not too long. Wonderful.
Your local chef....
Post a Comment